Monday, March 29, 2010





After a good nights sleep, we left our apartment at Montmartre and caught the Metro train from La Fourch to Champs-Elysees to the Louvre. Oh my god, I never imagined that the Louvre was so big. We saw many amazing sculptures and paintings, including the Mona Lisa, which I was able to take a photo of. It is such an amazing place. It would take weeks to see the whole thing properly. We then did the "Hop-on-Hop-Off tour, or at least part of it..our ticket lasts for 2 days, so we will do more tomorrow. Today we went past the Eiffel Tour, Arc De Triomphe, Champs Elyees to name a few. Tonight we are going to the Moulin Rouge. We are staying about 10 mins walk away from it. On our way home this afternoon we went into a small bakery and bought some bread, salads, quiches for dinner and also some croissants for tomorrows breakfast. I am struggling a bit, as someone trod on my toe at the Vatican, it is very sore and swollen, and it looks like I will loose my toe nail, we actually think it might be broken. If its no better in the morning we will go to a Medical Centre. Well time to go now and get ready for the Moulin Rouge. I'm back again...Moulin Rouge was fantastic, we sat beside a young couple from Austria, who were great to talk to.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Great Nanny and Poppy :)
    Pictures are great... we bet you have so many more to show when you come home!
    Love Always Harrison xxx
    jhfbgeuowfbgodvmmmmmmm p (thats actually Harrison)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Took me a while but I finally got an account :)
    Hope ur toe is better....
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete